Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Selecting Different measures from buttons

Hi All, 

I have a visualisation showing grouped performance for a particular measure and I want to be able to split the measure out; currently the measure is based on contacts to our company via calls and web based, I want end users of the app to be able to push a button(s) to change the chart to show either just calls or web contacts. I have previously done similar views using containers and multiple charts within the container creating a variable in the container to give the impression that pushing a button changes the appearance. 

I was wondering if there was a "slicker" way of doing this that doesn't require rebuilding of multiple charts (which may cause a slow down in performance)

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

I would add additional expressions to the chart and use the 'conditional' functionality to determine their visibility. Set up a variable to hold the value and use a couple of buttons with an action to change the value of the variable. This will enable you to change the content of a single chart object.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

I would add additional expressions to the chart and use the 'conditional' functionality to determine their visibility. Set up a variable to hold the value and use a couple of buttons with an action to change the value of the variable. This will enable you to change the content of a single chart object.

Hope this helps!
JamGardner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion, I was unable to do this as I was using Vizlib and it had a limitation on the number of measures/dimensions I could add. I have opted for another method of displaying the data..but will keep this in mind for future projects. 

Thanks