Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selecting a column to use as a denominator based off a value selection

I'm creating a graph that I need to change based on the selection being chosen.

• I have a table with many events, I will call my Event Table. Each has a unique ID number and it has a Location column where the events happen.
  • I also have a Denominator Table that is organized by the column Month-Year. There is a unique value for each Month-Year and for every row, let's say Jan 2016, there are different columns based off of Location  information that I will need to use as a denominator in order to create summaries for the Event Table on a Month-Year basis.
  • I would like to automate this as much as possible where if I select a Location (from the Event Table) on a drop down menu on the Qlik Sense Dashboard, it will use that selection to automatically change a graph to select the right column in the DenominatorTable to divide the Count # of Events for that specific Location

I am having trouble trying to find that right language (unsure if GetFieldSelections will work) to match a column based off a selection. I am envisioning something similar to Index/Match in Excel but I am unsure where to start looking

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you explain little with data?
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful