Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_Kale
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis Start Date and End Date variables Not working

Hi,

Can you pl help in set analysis to pass Start Date and End Date through variables.

below given formula in set analysis is not working.

Count({$<DATE_OF_ISSUE={">=$(vStartDate)<=$(vEndDate)"}>} (POLICY_NO))

Thanks in advance

@marcus_sommer 

@Anil_Babu_Samineni 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Is the date-format of the variable of DD/MM/YYYY also the default date-format of the application? Otherwise it's just a string. Thinkable is also to format and/or convert the variable with date(date#()) but better would be to ensure that all variables as well as the relevant fields contain only pure numbers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The syntax looked ok. But it will depend on the content and/or format of the variables how it needs finally defined.

If the variables contain a pure number like 42800 the above should work. If it are formatted dates you may try it by removing the $-sign expansion and using just vStartDate or with quoting the variable like: '$(vStartDate)'

P_Kale
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks @marcus_sommer for your help.

I have tried both the ways but it is not working. If I remove '$ then in formula bar i have not seen dates where getting pass. but if i put '$ then i can see  start and end dates but no out-put i am getting. I have attached a screen shot for that.

Thanks in advance.

marcus_sommer

Is the date-format of the variable of DD/MM/YYYY also the default date-format of the application? Otherwise it's just a string. Thinkable is also to format and/or convert the variable with date(date#()) but better would be to ensure that all variables as well as the relevant fields contain only pure numbers.