Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Set Analysis intersection in the same field

Hello everyone,

This is a glimpse of my dataset:

clipboard_image_1.png

I want to make a table within my app with set analysis to show what rows are the same for different months, but in a way that always compares current month with previous month, and also current month with a month before previous month. 

Basically I want to see the intersection between months, but since my table is updated monthly, I always need to compare current month with others, and I want to do so without specifically naming every month.

If I need to clarify more, please ask.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Milos

Labels (1)
11 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, based on the input file showed, can you explain what the output needs to look like? Also, in what kind of object?

Best,
Sunny

P.S. it is better to upload an Excel file rather than an image of the Excel file because there is no way to load the data from an image 🙂

Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

Output should look the same as input, also in a table in qlik.

here is a part of my dataset, but i think it will be enough

Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I was thinking something like :

({<Month = {max(Month)}>}[Engagement Name])*({<Month = {Last(Month)}>}[Engagement Name])

or

{<Month = {max(Month)}>*<Month = {Last(Month)}>}[Engagement Name]

Is it possible to do it like this?

sunny_talwar

Output should look the same as input? You want to see all 44 rows in a single table? Then why do you need anything other than a table box? I am not sure I understand?

Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry, my bad, output should only show rows that are same for different months(same Engagement Leader, Engagement Name, etc...)

sunny_talwar

So, all you want to display is if the first 5 columns in your data repeats for more than a month?

Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Basically yes, I want to see these 5 columns that are same for the current month and the previous month

sunny_talwar

Is this for QlikView or Qlik Sense?

Milutin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Qlik sense