Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManuelLindekeit
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis question

Hi experts, 

I'm looking to get sales from Day 1 of the month we were in 3 months ago to date. 

Solution 1. accomplishes this. But I see other developers using a solution 2. approach. Which one would you use and what is the difference? 

1. Sum({<[Date]={">=$(=date(monthstart(addmonths(today(),-3))))"}>}[OrderLines.Net Order Amount])

2. sum({<OrderID = {"=([Date]>= $(=date(monthstart(addmonths(today(),-3))))"}>}OrderLines.Net Order Amount)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I would use option 1 over option 2 where you are checking at the chart level to keep only those rows where Date is greater than the 3 months back. The second option goes by OrderID and check if the condition is met or not. There are times when you cannot use Option 1, is when I would use Option 2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

I would use option 1 over option 2 where you are checking at the chart level to keep only those rows where Date is greater than the 3 months back. The second option goes by OrderID and check if the condition is met or not. There are times when you cannot use Option 1, is when I would use Option 2.