Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtabernad
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Set analysis month does not work

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with set analysis. I would appreciate some help 🙂

I have this KPI which counts number of connections for actual month: 

"count({$<Month={"$(=num(month(addmonths(max(date_id),0)),'00'))"}>}connect_time)"

Also this one for previous month:

"count({$<Month={"$(=num(month(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)),'00'))"}>}connect_time)"

They both show correct values without filters or with filters no related to date (see attached capture 1), but if I use the "date picker filter" picking for example 3 days from October (let's say 23, 24, 25) it shows the correct value for those 3 days from actual month but not for those 3 days from previous month which shows "0" (see attached capture 2).

I would need that if I pick some days from any month (for example 23, 24, 25th of October), the previous month KPI shows values for 23,  24, 25th of September (currently it shows "0" as value).

Could anyone give me a clue?

Thanks to everyone.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mtabernad,

For actual month:

count({<date_id={">=$(=min(date_id)) <=$(=max(date_id))"}*{">=$(=num(monthstart(max(date_id)))) <=$(=max(date_id))"}>}connect_time)

In this set analysis, we make intersection of two different data set. First one is available data range (Min Date to Max Date) and the second one is Actual Month Date Range (month start of max date to Max Date). If you select a date range, It only shows values for the dates which are in Actual Month.

For Previous Month:

count({<date_id={">=$(=num(addmonths(min(date_id),-1))) <=$(=num(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)))"}*{">=$(=num(monthstart(max(date_id),-1))) <=$(=num(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)))"}>}connect_time)

Same logic for previous month.

You can modify this expressions according to your need.

Hope it helps..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mtabernad
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to clear out all calendar selections in your set expressions like I've done below. 

=count({$<Date, Year, Week, YearMonth, Quarter, Month={"$(=num(month(addmonths(max(date_id),0)),'00'))"}>}connect_time)

=count({$<Date, Year, Week, YearMonth, Quarter, Month={"$(=num(month(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)),'00'))"}>}connect_time)

mtabernad
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thank you for your help. Doing that it ignores the days of the month I select (23, 24, 25th of October) and shows always the value for the whole month independently of the filters. But I don't look for that.

What I need is that if I pick 3 days of October (23, 24, 25th) the KPI for previous month shows values for 23, 24, 25th of September (not the whole month).

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mtabernad,

For actual month:

count({<date_id={">=$(=min(date_id)) <=$(=max(date_id))"}*{">=$(=num(monthstart(max(date_id)))) <=$(=max(date_id))"}>}connect_time)

In this set analysis, we make intersection of two different data set. First one is available data range (Min Date to Max Date) and the second one is Actual Month Date Range (month start of max date to Max Date). If you select a date range, It only shows values for the dates which are in Actual Month.

For Previous Month:

count({<date_id={">=$(=num(addmonths(min(date_id),-1))) <=$(=num(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)))"}*{">=$(=num(monthstart(max(date_id),-1))) <=$(=num(addmonths(max(date_id),-1)))"}>}connect_time)

Same logic for previous month.

You can modify this expressions according to your need.

Hope it helps..

mtabernad
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Kaanerisen! You made my day 🙂