Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvind_07
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sheet Actions in Button

Hi All,

I use the following expression on the sheet action to filter for a particular date every time when the sheet is open

=if(getselectedcount(Date)=0,num(WeekStart(today()-7)),Date)

But I want to convert this sheet action expression to a Button and I tried using Vizlib button, but for some reason the button seems to be not working/filtering the dates when it was selected.

Main reason to convert this into button because sheet action is not functionally working when multiple sheets are involved.

Could anyone please suggest how to convert the above sheet action expression into a Button. 

I'm new to Qlik sense and if anyone could guide me in a detail way to do this it would be really helpful

Thank you!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I assume that you are using an expression for the value to Select in a Field. Create a text box and use your expression as a Measure so that you can see exactly what it returns to see if that gives you any hints as to what could be going wrong. Perhaps your value doesn't match the format of the field you are trying to assign to. 

Arvind_07
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Dalton_Ruer  Thank you. The same expression works fine when I apply it on the sheet actions. But its not working when I try to replicate that action into a Button

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @Arvind_07 - please send us a note at support@vizlib.com . We'd be happy to show you how to stack Actions either with a Vizlib Button or use sheet actions with the Vizlib Sheet Menu. There are a few options that can help out.

You can stack as many actions (including waiting time) with Vizlib Actions for Qlik Sense in a variety of objects and visualizations.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

That's good to know. I should have switched to using VizLib button because I had 17 actions and several needed to be sequential.