Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveW
Contributor
Contributor

Simple Table: Compare Years Sales - Totals column messing up percentage measure

Hi 

This is my first post and the first time I've tried to build a report, apologies if I'm asking basic questions!

I'm trying to build a basic table showing sales over the last 3 years and comparing this year with the previous year in the final column (2018 vs 2017) which is a percentage.  I've used measures to achieve this.

The Total column is useful however it's coming in to play when calculating 2018 vs 2017 which is messing up my percentage.  How do I exclude it from this calculation?

(I'm using test data so - it's old so I'm assuming the current year is 2018 for the purpose of building this report.)

Meausures:

• mCurrentYear = sum(if(DTPR_Year =CurrentYear,AF,0))
  • mCurrentYearM1 = sum(if(DTPR_Year =CurrentYear-1,AF,0))
  • mCurrentYearM2 = sum(if(DTPR_Year =CurrentYear-2,AF,0))
  • mCYvsmCYM1 = (sum(if(DTPR_Year=CurrentYear,AF,0))-sum(if(DTPR_Year =CurrentYear-1,AF,0)))/sum(if(DTPR_Year =CurrentYear-1,AF,0))

mCYvsmCYM1 is a bit long winded but I also can't seem to access one measure from another so I had to recalculate those within it to arrive at the %age difference comparison.

Perhaps there's an altogether better way to achieve this than using measures in the first place?

Thanks

Steve

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

"The Total column is useful however it's coming in to play when calculating 2018 vs 2017 which is messing up my percentage.  How do I exclude it from this calculation?"

What exactly are you looking to exclude and from where? The Total for 2018 vs 2017 (21%)? The value should not be shown or are you expecting to see a different number?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

"The Total column is useful however it's coming in to play when calculating 2018 vs 2017 which is messing up my percentage.  How do I exclude it from this calculation?"

What exactly are you looking to exclude and from where? The Total for 2018 vs 2017 (21%)? The value should not be shown or are you expecting to see a different number?

SteveW
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply.

You know I've just realised I'm being stupid.

This report is correct and my brain needs a reboot.

Sorry for wasting time.

sunny_talwar

We all need reboots once in a while.. 🙂