Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnb023
Contributor III
Contributor III

Slider: 1 to 10 and > 10

I have some data where the bulk of it falls into a range but there are a few outliers. The outliers skew the range displayed on the slider.

Is there a way to show a range of, for example, 1 to 10 and then > 10?  or something that represents >10?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

There are 2 ways that you can do something like that. 

1. Simply add some code in your load script that looks at the values and decides if the Display Value should be the number itself, or it should be lumped into a category. Personally I always like to use the Load Script so that the CPU work needed is only ever done 1 time and any user, at any time can then refer to it in any chart that they create as self-service and charts display faster. 

DisplayLoadScript.png

2. The altnernative is to simply use that kind of expression inside the chart for the dimension itself. Notice on the left chart I just used the DisplayValue field from the data while on the right side I used the expression seen in the label and that I changed the text for the group to ensure you realized it was not the DisplayValue from the load script. 

DisplayValue.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

There are 2 ways that you can do something like that. 

1. Simply add some code in your load script that looks at the values and decides if the Display Value should be the number itself, or it should be lumped into a category. Personally I always like to use the Load Script so that the CPU work needed is only ever done 1 time and any user, at any time can then refer to it in any chart that they create as self-service and charts display faster. 

DisplayLoadScript.png

2. The altnernative is to simply use that kind of expression inside the chart for the dimension itself. Notice on the left chart I just used the DisplayValue field from the data while on the right side I used the expression seen in the label and that I changed the text for the group to ensure you realized it was not the DisplayValue from the load script. 

DisplayValue.png

johnb023
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried Method 1.  It worked nicely.  Thank you.