Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

Sum distinct By Default?

Hi all,

We're facing a very strange issue in one of our dashboards. Suddenly, it starts to apply "distinct" in all its values. Please see the attached image. You can see a table with two dimensions (Hora (hour), Value as dimension) and a measure sum(Datosn) . If you sum all data on the measure, it sums 488, but table shows 377, that is the result of sum(distinct datosn).

GestionPSD_0-1648466226874.png

It's happening in all the dashboard visualizations.

The weirdest thing is that it doesn't happen in a twin paralell-built (not duplicated form this one) dashboard (same data load script, same visualizations).

Have you any idea about what's happening and how to solve it?

Best regards,

Alonso Torres.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Are you sure that each line in your table corresponds to an actual row in your data? For example, consider this structure:

Key,  Hour

A, 1

B, 2

B, 3

Key, Value

A, 10

B, 20

In that scenario, you would get:

Hour, Value

1, 10

2, 20

3, 20

But the sum would only be 30 because it would be applied to the values from the second table, where Value resides.

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Or.

Absolutelly yes. There doesn't exists relations in data model in the way you show.

This is the aggregated values directly stored from resident dashboard data:

GestionPSD_0-1648468001352.png

As I said before, We've a similar dashboard with similar data, data load script and visualizations, and it isn't affected by this weird behavior.

Or
MVP
MVP

In that case,  the only thing I can think of is to confirm that this isn't referring to a master item called Datosn which may behave differently from the field Datosn (We've had some issues before when a field name and master item name are identical). Otherwise, I'm at a loss as to what might cause this sort of behavior for a flat file and simple sum.

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi again.

There's no master item called as this field.

I think  the dashboard must have got  some kind of corruption out of our knownledge. We're going to rebuild it.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Best regards,

Alonso Torres.

Or
MVP
MVP

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't actually help.