Did you mean: 
mattias-thalen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sum of next N non null values

Hi,

I have a table chart like this:

mattiasthalen_0-1651690916538.png

I'm trying to get the sum of the next 4 non null values (including current value). So I want to start by looking at the current row, and if it's not null gather it. Continue to next row and do the same. When 4 non null values have been collected, I want to sum them. And it needs to happen in the UI/Chart, not in the script.

I've only been able to use Below, but then I need to set a larger window and risk summing more than the next 4 values. If I set it as RangeSum(Below(Column(1), 0 , 4)) then I risk summing fewer values than intended.

I tried using FirstSortedValue and put the null values at the bottom of the sorting, but I think it works by looking at the internal table and not the chart.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If you exclude the nulls from your chart (in Date column use Limitation > Exact value >0)
and extend range to 4, you get your result ..

Lisa_P_0-1651717252444.png

mattias-thalen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm sorry for being unclear. This is not an option, all rows must exist.

The solution I have so far is this:

Let _var_PBC_MinSignalWindow    = 8;
Let _var_PBC_MaxSignalWindow    = $(_var_PBC_MinSignalWindow)*2;

For i = 0 to $(_var_PBC_MaxSignalWindow)

Let _var_PBC_SignalWindow       = $(_var_PBC_MinSignalWindow) + $(i);
    Let _var_PBC_SignalBelow        = 'Below(Column(1), 0, $(_var_PBC_SignalWindow))';
    Let _var_PBC_SignalBelowCheck   = 'RangeNumericCount($(_var_PBC_SignalBelow)) = $(_var_PBC_MinSignalWindow)';
    Let _var_PBC_RangeMin_Formula   = 'If($(_var_PBC_SignalBelowCheck), RangeMin($(_var_PBC_SignalBelow)))';
    Let _var_PBC_RangeMax_Formula   = 'If($(_var_PBC_SignalBelowCheck), RangeMax($(_var_PBC_SignalBelow)))';

Switch i
        Case 0
            Let _var_PBC_RangeMin   = '$(_var_PBC_RangeMin_Formula)';
            Let _var_PBC_RangeMax   = '$(_var_PBC_RangeMax_Formula)';

Let _var_PBC_RangeMin   = '$(_var_PBC_RangeMin), $(_var_PBC_RangeMin_Formula)';
            Let _var_PBC_RangeMax   = '$(_var_PBC_RangeMax), $(_var_PBC_RangeMax_Formula)';

End Switch

Let _var_PBC_SignalWindow       = Null();
    Let _var_PBC_SignalBelow        = Null();
    Let _var_PBC_SignalBelowCheck   = Null();
    Let _var_PBC_RangeMin_Formula   = Null();
    Let _var_PBC_RangeMax_Formula   = Null();

Next i

Let i = Null();

Set _var_PBC_RangeMin = Alt($(_var_PBC_RangeMin));
Set _var_PBC_RangeMax = Alt($(_var_PBC_RangeMax));

So basically I do a RangeNumericCount for the range N, if that matches N, then proceed.

Else, check N+1, N+2, N+3... N*2