Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Oliven
Partner - Contributor III

Suppress quotation marks in Variable Input and SimpleFieldSelect for dimensions with space in name

I am using a variable to place a selected dimension in a pivot chart. I am trying both Variable Input and SimpleFieldSelect, but when there is a space in the name of the dimension, both extensions show the dimension name with quotation marks in the pivot.

Variable Input solves half the problem with its alias - but this only solves it in its own interface, not in the pivot chart:

Greg_Oliven_1-1615815490159.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Oliven
Author

The author of SimpleFieldSelect just released version 2.0.8 (https://github.com/mediassarQlikBranch/SimpleFieldSelect) with the needed option:

Greg_Oliven_0-1615906936731.png

A big thank-you to the team at Oivalo Oy.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I haven't really worked with either variable inputs for this, but... why not strip the offending characters in your pivot table formula instead of trying to strip them from the input box? I believe you'd want PurgeChar(vMyVariable,'"') (that's two single quotes around a double quote)

Greg_Oliven
Author

Thanks - that works great for the dimension label for either extension.

Since my post, I decided to go with SimpleFieldSelect due to the better formatting it provides on a horizontal list - so now I just need to figure out how to remove the quotes from its list items - i.e. where "ARM or FRM" is highlighted in green in the image I posted.

Or
MVP
MVP

Is this a cosmetic issue where you just don't want them displayed, or is this causing you actual problems with your formulas / objects? The latter may be something to easily work around, but the former would be specific to the extension / variable input object in question so not something I can help with unfortunately.

Greg_Oliven
Author

Thanks - yes, it is just the former (cosmetic) - thank-you for your help on the label side of the question.

Greg_Oliven
Author

The author of SimpleFieldSelect just released version 2.0.8 (https://github.com/mediassarQlikBranch/SimpleFieldSelect) with the needed option:

Greg_Oliven_0-1615906936731.png

A big thank-you to the team at Oivalo Oy.