Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_donnet
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Table chart - Search selection with values display on rows

Hello,

Client request

- How is it possible to display the values from the table rows in the dimension selection of the table chart ? 

To help you out, here's an example:

Table Chart - Search dimension.PNG

I know it goes against the selection mechanic, but I understand the client's view. He wants to select values only shown on the table chart.

Is it possible without making an if statement in all dimension present in the table chart ? 

Or an option to activate ? or else ?

Thanks for your answers 

Regards,
Théo

1 Solution
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, this is not possible. You aren't actually searching the table, you're searching the field. It has no awareness of what is actually contained in the table.

t_donnet
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I confirm there isnt' awareness for the table.

The confusion for the client comes in searching field of the table.
The field can contain thousand of values, but there is only 10 values shown in the table due to the measure set analysis. 
It'll be great to have a feature that reduce the search field of the table with the values shown.

Or
MVP
MVP

You could post this in Ideation and hope for the best, I suppose.

As a workaround, you might be achieve something similar using a calculated dimension with a set analysis similar to the one used in the table. No idea if that'd be feasible in your specific scenario but if it's something important to the client, you could try exploring this.