Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
April 22, 2PM EST: Learn about GeoOperations in Qlik Sense SaaS READ MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator

Table not visible in the data model

Hi,

 

I have introduced a new table into the data model of an Qlik Sense app, tested and published and replaced the existing app  in  production and reloaded the apps fewer times since then. The new table/fields are not visible in the data model! The script contains newly added qvd as expected.  I never see this issues.

But, if I duplicated the same production app, then I can see the table in the data model. I can't figure out what is happening and how to fix this!

Did any of you faced this issue and did you managed to fix this please?

I don't wanted to recreate a complete new app as there are number of user sheets on that app.

Can you please suggest any ideas?

 

Thanks

SB

 

 

 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue has resolved itself!
Probably some king of cache issue that caused the issue.
There is a weekly restart of servers in place. After couple of attempts of restarts , the issue seemed to disappear.
The table that I added into the data model is now visible and usable!

Thanks
SB

View solution in original post

5 Replies
eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sudhakar,

Is there any section access in this model?
When you look at reload logs, you can see the specific table is being loaded?
Since the problem is when the app is publised, where exactly don't you see this table? when building new visualizations?

Eliran.
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Eliran,

Thanks for your response on this issue.

We are not using any section access!

1. Before I added the new table, I took a duplicate copy of the existing app

2. I added the like of code to include a new qvd , loaded in development area. It works fine.

3. Now I release to test, it worked fine.

4. I released to production, the new table not visible in the data model. (Log shows the table is loaded)

5. Since it is not visible I duplicated again to investigate, but I can see the table in the duplicated copy.

I repeated the above process at least twice to double check, but I couldn't figure out!

 

Thanks

SB

eliran
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

 

Please elaborate, what does it mean you release to test, is it a specific stream? 

What are the changes between production / test?

I'm asking because as you wrote, it's working in work area, and working in test.

 

Eliran.

sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Eliran,

 

Thanks for your response.

Yes, test and production streams both in production environment only. Test is a specific stream where users test. The actual live app sits in separate stream in production.

The changes are just add additional qvd load.

The strange thing is after the release and reload the table dosn't appear in the data model or fields available in the visualization but if I duplicate the app then that is created as a separate copy in DEV I can see that is available. Not only that if I publish into live stream on production as a separate app then it is fine. But to keep the user sheets I need to publish and overwrite the existing app.

 

Thanks

 

SB

 

sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue has resolved itself!
Probably some king of cache issue that caused the issue.
There is a weekly restart of servers in place. After couple of attempts of restarts , the issue seemed to disappear.
The table that I added into the data model is now visible and usable!

Thanks
SB

View solution in original post