Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trigger EDX on Qlikview from Qliksense server

Hello,

I am starting to migrate from Qlikview to Qliksense.

As a test run, I chose a report where I extract data, transform it and then reload a Qlikview report. I already migrated the extraction and transformation scripts to Qliksense and at the end of the transformation script, I would like to trigger the reload of my Qlikview report which will still be running in parallel with the Qliksense report for a while, using the same qvds.

On my Qlikview server, I already trigger some tasks via EDX and bat files with commands like "C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="Folder/Report.qvw" ; and they work fine.

Here, I am struggling with the syntax I should use at the end of my transformation script to trigger the reload of the Qlikview report via this bat file. Has anybody been through this already? Or is there a better way to do it maybe?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just in case this can be useful to someone else someday, I found one solution to my problem.

On my Qlikview server where QVEDXTrigger is installed, I created a bat file with a line like this:

"\\myQlikviewServer\c$\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="mytask" --service=http://myQlikviewServer:4799/QMS/Service;

And one my Qliksense server, I just add a line when I want to start the reload of my Qlikview task like this one:

EXECUTE "\\myQlikviewServer\PathToMyBATFile\MyFile.bat"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just in case this can be useful to someone else someday, I found one solution to my problem.

On my Qlikview server where QVEDXTrigger is installed, I created a bat file with a line like this:

"\\myQlikviewServer\c$\Program Files (x86)\QlikView EDXTrigger\QvEDXTrigger.exe" --task="mytask" --service=http://myQlikviewServer:4799/QMS/Service;

And one my Qliksense server, I just add a line when I want to start the reload of my Qlikview task like this one:

EXECUTE "\\myQlikviewServer\PathToMyBATFile\MyFile.bat"