Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klikgevoel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to authenticate Qlik Sense Desktop against Enterprise

Hi all, 

After some people made changes to our federation server, authenticating against our Qlik Enterprise server stopped working for Qlik Sense Desktop. This is tested with several versions of Qlik Sense Desktop (Feb 2021 patch 1, April 2020).

Noticeable is that in the working past the redirect went to a webpage, and now is changed to a form (see both images). The first question is: does Qlik Sense Desktop not support authentication forms? And the second question is: who has run into a similar problem, where authentication has stopped working after a major change?

FYI: Trying to authenticate and receiving a blank screen, where the authentication form should appear, in Qlik Sense Desktop, debugging the Show DevTools gives back 4 errors:

1. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized). 

Following this link via a web browser directly goes to our Enterprise hub.

2. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)

Following the second link returns a 503 (/qrs/license/requestuseraccesstype?xrfkey=[key]&client=Desktop)

3. Direct after that another link to the federation server is provided, returning a 404.

In this link I assume it is me who tries to authenticate

4. Last link also returns a 503 while trying to communicate with wss://[federation-server]/adfs/hub/qrsData

Not sure if my question is here in the right place, but still any help is much appreciated!

Labels (4)
0 Replies