Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roger-melo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Use section access in Loop and Reduced applications in Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hello,

I developed an app with section access based on userID, and I created a task* to perform Loop and Reduce on this app based on an algorithm. This Loop and Reduce process creates slices not based on section access, but on the algorithm. For example, this process generates the apps: A, B, C, and D. Some users will have access to app A, others to app B, and so on. However, the user accessing app A should only see the data related to them, as defined in the section access (creating an app per user is not feasible since we have nearly 1000 users).

Currently, the Loop and Reduce work well when I run the task to loop and reduce the APP without section access. But when I run the task to loop and reduce the APP with section access, I get the following error: "Failed: App contains section access but no handling is defined in config."

When I initially read the documentation, I saw that section access would be lost after the reduction, but it also mentioned a workaround using partial reload to retain section access.

How can I retain section access in the reduced apps?

rdpmelo_0-1721232450641.png

Thank you!

*all this process was made in Qlik Sense Enterprise (the task to loop and reduce was created in AMC).

Labels (2)
0 Replies