Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_gibbons
Contributor
Contributor

Using Autotcalendar functions to dimension defined as a variable

I have been successfully using the variable extension to cycle through different dimensions as below.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Cycle-dimensions-using-a-variable-butt...

The variable is called $(date_agg) and is pointing to 1 of 4 different columns week_date, month_date,quarter_date,year_date.

I have an expression which has one of the date columns hard coded in(red below).

sum({$<[product]={'original'},[week_date.autoCalendar.Date] = {"$(=Max([week_date.autoCalendar.Date],))"}, Month = , Year = , Date = >}metric

I want to edit this set analysis to be based on whichever date column the variable is currently set to.

I have tried a few different things eg. just referencing the variable

sum({$<[product]={'original'},[date_agg.autoCalendar.Date] = {"$(=Max([date_agg.autoCalendar.Date],))"}, Month = , Year = , Date = >}metric

or

sum({$<[product]={'original'},[$(date_agg).autoCalendar.Date] = {"$(=Max([$(date_agg).autoCalendar.Date],))"}, Month = , Year = , Date = >}metric

I have also tried defining a master dimension date_ag_dim with the expression $(date_agg) and used this dimension in the expression:

sum({$<[product]={'original'},[$date_ag_dim .autoCalendar.Date] = {"$(=Max([$date_ag_dim .autoCalendar.Date],))"}, Month = , Year = , Date = >}metric

But all three fail.

Wondering if anybody can see where the flaw in my process is?

Labels (4)
2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({$<[product] = {'original'}, $(='[' & $(date_agg)& '.autoCalendar.Date]') = {"$(=Max($(='[' & $(date_agg)& '.autoCalendar.Date]')))"}, Month = , Year = , Date = >}metric
paul_gibbons
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately this solution did not work for me however I did figure it out

Sum({$<[product] = {'original'}, $(date_agg) = {'$(=$(recent_date))'}>}metric

I defined a variable 'recent_date' as date($(=max($(date_agg),1)))

thanks for setting me in the right direction.