Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerf13
Contributor
Contributor

Using LinEst_M and RangeSum to get slope of cumulative data

Hi there!

I'm working in Qlik Sense on a prototype expression for a KPI item that returns the slope for cumulative claims rate of a product by months in service.  My production data and claims data to calculate the failure rate come from unrelated tables, so I use a synthetic dimension "Months in Service" to relate them.  I also plot the data on a log scale, so I transform "Months In Service" using log() for each month 1,2,3...etc In a straight table, RangeSum & Above functions return the cumulative failure rate by Months In Service, but I when I try to get the slope in my KPI by adding LinEst_M to those expressions, Qlik just returns 0.  As a test, I checked using LinEst_M for the failure rate data without accumulating with RangeSum and it works.  Does anyone know if this is just a syntax issue, or is it not possible to use RangeSum inside a LinEst expression?  Hope someone can help me solve it - thanks!!!

A simplified version of my data looks like this:

Example Data for prototype expressionExample Data for prototype expression

This expression works (not cumulative):

=sum(LinEst_M(total

// "Y" - Claims Rate
Pick(Match(ValueLoop(1,4,1),1,2,3,4),
)
// "X" - Months in Service (log Scale)
, Pick(Match(ValueLoop(1,4,1),1,2,3,4),

log(1)
log(2)
log(3)
log(4)
)))

This one (cumulative) does not!  Any suggestions how to fix it, or is it a "no go" in Qlik sense for some reason?

=sum(LinEst_M(total

//"Y" - Cumulative Claims Rate
RangeSum(Above(Pick(Match(ValueLoop(1,4,1),1,2,3,4),

), 0, RowNo()))

//"X" - Months in Service (log Scale)
, Pick(Match(ValueLoop(1,4,1),1,2,3,4),

log(1)

log(2)

log(3)

log(4)

)))

Labels (1)
1 Reply
nerf13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I forgot to mention that it is not practical for me to do the RangeSum in advance (like loading in a script) right now, I'm hoping to resolve it within the expression!