Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agbcn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using regions with maps

Hi,

I've been working with maps charts to create a custom visualization. By custom I mean I need to visualize data nor by County, State or Country. Due to business requirements, I need to show data in world regions. To make a long story short, let's assume I need to show world data in only 3 regions. France, Europe (all Europe but France) and Rest of the world.

By trying different options, I built a country table (all countries in the world) and added a new column REGION which identifies the region (according to my region definition) where the country belongs. That means that France is one region (let's say 1), Europe (but France) is region 2 and all the other countries have region equal to 3. I created a map chart then and I could select differents regions and only the countries which belong to that region are displayed. So far so good.

My problem starts at this point: I'd need to show how many work orders have been created in each region (not country, that would be easy). however, I can't find a way to aggregate work orders to regions. Any ideas?

Country

IdC   Region

FR     1

US    3

DE    2

WorkOrders

IdW    Country   Amount    Region

1      FR              100              1

2      FR              200              1

3      US             300              3

4      DE             400              2

So in my map I'd like to see:

Region 1 -> 2 workorders

Region 2 -> 1 workorder

Region 3 -> 1 workorder

I can't show the workorder by country but by region.

I've been searching on the web and I've found some posts which state I need KML files (I don't have Qlik GeoAnalytics). is this the right approach?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Àlex

Labels (1)
12 Replies
agbcn
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

According to QMC, QlikSense April 2019 Patch 1-13.21.1

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Patric_Nordstrom Should there be any issue with that version of qlik and the normal Map Chart not having tool tip section? 

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@agbcn 

I would recommend that you upgrade your version to the most current. If still not seeing the tool tip section a help ticket will likely be needed.