Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owais_sarwar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Weighted Average Set Analysis With Aggr in a Text Box

Hi All,

I need to show the weighted average copy duration in a text box basis share of spend a brand has basis its  ad durations. The sample table is attached along is self explanatory which contains the steps to reach to a desired number in a text box. Please help me out how can i get this done.

I have reached to the point where i am getting the product of 'share of spend'  and duration in a table. Whereas, this has to be done in a text object. Below is the set analysis i have reached up till now.

Num(Num(Sum({$}{<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend]),Brand,Duration)/Num(Sum(Total <Brand>{$<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend]))*Duration)

Thanks in Advance,

SEt Analysis for Weighted Avg.png

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

6 Replies
RUNIL
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Try with below. Showing in text box use Aggr on dimension.

Aggr(Num(Num(Sum({$}{<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend]),Brand,Duration)/Num(Sum(Total <Brand>{$<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend]))*Duration),GRP)

owais_sarwar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Runil,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your set analysis, it didn't work. Just for your knowledge, 'GRP' is basically the 'flag key' for a data source.

RUNIL
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Use your dimension instead of GRP. I think your dimension is Brand. It should come in Text box using by the Aggr.

owais_sarwar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah i did try it (by replacing GRP with Brand) as this Indeed is the dimension. Unfortunately not working.

Kushal_Chawda

can you try below

=sum(aggr((Sum({<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend])/Sum(total <Brand>{<Flag_Key = {"GRP"}>}[Spend]))*Duration,Brand,Duration))
owais_sarwar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help.. Still not done. Its is just showing 0 as an output. Can you please try it yourself by making a sample table in the same scenario in Qliksense or Qlikview whichever you have?