Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

X Axis should i use year or quarter ?

Hi All

I like to create the below using QS , my issue is for the below image they using Year for X axis .

I try to using year for Axis , but my issue is my sales data is not complete , it only have sales from Jan till 7 Sept.

If i using Year , it is not a fair compare with previous year. as LY have full year sales value and for 2016 only have Jan sales till Sept.

Hope some one can advise me my X Axis should i using Quarter ?

Paul

nice chart.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Right,

You should use YOY logic to compare same period for all years.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its a business call, whether you want to see the Year or Quarter.

In Both the cases you may need the Set Analysis in Expression to get correct comparison.

Have a look at the below link for more help.

Set Analysis for certain Point in Time

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hello Sir

Thank you for sharing the link to me which have very useful SET expression .

Now my issue is on the Bar chart if I use by year is not correct , because the rest of bar is full year .

If I using the month is correct but I unable see the last 3 year trend. Same for quarter.

May be I will using YOY , so that I can compare all bar with same period. That is Jan till Sept.

Paul Yeo

Director

www.tdstech.com<http://www.tdstech.com>

HP+6285883521036 Indo

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Right,

You should use YOY logic to compare same period for all years.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki