Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy_u
Creator
Creator

add a specific column to table in a data model

Hi everyone,

I have a data model based on Excel sheets.

In some of these sheets there is not a field (city) that is present in the others,

this field / column must always be in cell B: 2 in order to be consistent with the rest.

Without touching excel manually how can I add this field to the script  where I don't have it and then get qvd that match, correctly?

thank you to everyone

Labels (4)
8 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

how are you loading these excel sheets? from the way you phrased it i am assuming you are doing wilcard load like *.xlsx or something similar.
if it is i dont believe there is a way apart updating the excel
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

i'm loading with a automated procedure with a

load *

from "variable defined"

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

as far as i know with automated load unfortunately you will need to add into excel .
is there any way to differentiate names of ones without the column? if so maybe you can split the load into 2
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

i didn't understand very well

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Are the files with column missing named in any particular way (different from others)
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

yes the name of files is ever different

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i dont think you get what i mean. My question is there a pattern to the names of files with column missing.
e.g. Most files are have a pattern for names like MyFiles05062019.xlsx, MyFiles04062019.xlsx etc
but files with the column missing has a different pattern NoCityFiles05062019.xlsx...
Billy_u
Creator
Creator
Author

I understand do you say to rename the files in the source dividing them those that don't have the field and those that have it?