Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shneorA
Contributor
Contributor

chart exploration in a straight table object within a container

Hi Qlik Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently facing an issue with chart exploration in a straight table object when it is placed within a container. I have searched the forum extensively but haven't found a solution that addresses this specific problem.

a brief description of the issue:

1. I have a straight table object that contains multiple dimensions and measures.
  2. To organize my dashboard layout efficiently, I have placed the straight table within a container object.
  3. The straight table itself is working perfectly, displaying the data as expected.
  4. However, when I try to use the chart exploration feature within the straight table, it doesn't respond. The chart exploration options and interactions are not available or visible.

If anyone has experience with this problem or knowledge of Qlik's visualization and container functionalities, I'd appreciate your insights and any workarounds to enable chart exploration in this scenario.

Best regards, shneor

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @trslss!

QB-20836 was confirmed as a product limitation, as previously stated.
The limitation is reported on the help site.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this.
Qlik is currently working to analyze this (QB-20836). I will update this post as soon there is any news.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We have 3 sites with the same issue without usin the container obj.

Regards,

FMa

Romain
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Andrea_Bertazzo  have you got some news about the fix of this bug ?

Romain
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Andrea_Bertazzo  still no news ?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @Romain and @shneorA , this, I'm afraid, has been assessed as a current limitation.
If the issue is important for you, please go to the Ideation section on top and suggest that we introduce the functionality in containers as well.

Thanks in advance for the understanding! 

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
DF_DB
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is still not working for me either.  It's a defect.  Shouldn't have to make a suggestion that your software works.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @DF_DB,

while I understand that this is not how you might want the product to work, this is a known limitation and it's documented on the help site.

Daniele_Purrone_0-1702297289011.png

The only way around this is to suggest ideas to product management. If there is enough feedback around this, the team will find the best possible way to address the requested behaviour.

Thanks in advance for the understanding!

RafaelMarioza
Contributor II
Contributor II

It should work or Qlik should default to the container layout.

trslss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andrea,

Is there any news on QB-20836?

The layout container has improved the interface a lot, but this problem limits the implementation.

Alessandro