Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DyadyaFedor
Contributor III
Contributor III

count number of rows in a table with conditions

Hello.

I have a table with three columns as dimension and two columns as measure.

strength, diameter, length, revenue01  and revenue05 (which is same revenue, but with a modifier)

In the table title, I have a formula

='The table contains '&count(distinct(Strength&Diameter&length))&' strength-diameter-length combinations', which calculates the total number of rows in the table.

Additionally, I would like to calculate the number of rows in the table, where revenue01 AND revenue05 are greater than 0.

I've managed to count the number of rows separately for month 1 and month 5,

=Count({<Month={'01'}, Revenue={">0"}>} DISTINCT Strength&Diameter&length)

But how do I add AND condtion?

Thank you

7 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I think this should be easier:

1. Create a field in your script with hash256(strength, diameter, length) as _counter_
  2. Use count({<Month={'01','05'}, Revenue={">0"}>} distinct _counter_) 
DyadyaFedor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you.

I've tried to insert  hash256(strength, diameter, length) as _counter_ into my load script, but didn't succeed. I suspect it's because these fields aren't actually part of the data model. I create them in the load script myself.

and if I use count({<Month={'01','05'}, Revenue={">0"}>} distinct strength&diameter&length) inside my app, I get the total number of rows in the table, so it looks like Qlik understands this condition as OR. not as AND

Kushal_Chawda

@DyadyaFedor  try below

=Count({<Month={'01'}, Revenue={">0"}>+<Month={'05'}, Revenue={">0"}>} distinct Strength&Diameter&length)

DyadyaFedor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thank you.

I've tried this one as well. I am getting the total number of rows again., as if + meant an OR condition, not an AND

Kushal_Chawda

@DyadyaFedor  Not sure but you can try as well below.. If it doe not work the share sample appliation

=Count({<Month={'01'}, Revenue={">0"}>*<Month={'05'}, Revenue={">0"}>} distinct Strength&Diameter&length)

DyadyaFedor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The result of this formula is 0, as if there are no lines where revenue in both months is positive. How do I share a sample application with you?

DyadyaFedor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In the meanwhile, inside the table I added two columns:

1. =rowno(total) it calculates me the total number of rows

2. if(sum({<Month={'01'}>}revenue>'0' and sum({<Month={'05'}>}revenue>'0',1,'0')

theoretically I can could even divide one value by another and say something like out of 21 products that we sold either in month 1 or in month 5, 15 products were sold in both months.