Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josemaria_cabre
Contributor III
Contributor III

help with set analysis and function

Hi,

I use this function to get the 2nd selected value of field [Comp Name]

subfield(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name]),',',2)

I'd like to sum 'Amount' only of 2nd selected value, so I wrote this expression using set analysis:

sum({<[Comp Name]={'$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name]) ,',',2))'}>} Amount)

but it doesn't work

Same function with first selected value seems to work fine, I can't understand why

sum({<[Comp Name]={'$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name]) ,',',1))'}>} Amount)

I also tried to create a variable $(vSelComp2) that contains function subfield(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name]),',',2)

to use in this expression:

Sum({<
[Comp Name]={$(vSelComp2)}

>} Amount)

and it doesn't work either.

I need to sum amount of 2nd, 3rd, ... selected value only, but I can't get this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<[Comp Name]={"$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name], '@'), '@', 2))"}>} Amount)

The issue was that your Comp Name included comma in the name which confused the SubField function. In order to fix this, I changed the delimiter for GetFieldSelections to @ (you can change this to anything which won't occur in the Comp Name field) and then used SubField with @.

Capture.PNG

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample which shows the issue?

josemaria_cabre
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure. I did this sample .qvf, hope it helps. You need to select (at least) 2 companies at Comp Name filter.

Thank you!

sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<[Comp Name]={"$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections([Comp Name], '@'), '@', 2))"}>} Amount)

The issue was that your Comp Name included comma in the name which confused the SubField function. In order to fix this, I changed the delimiter for GetFieldSelections to @ (you can change this to anything which won't occur in the Comp Name field) and then used SubField with @.

Capture.PNG

HTH

Best,

Sunny

josemaria_cabre
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Works great now. Thank you very much Sunny!

Best regards,
Jose.