Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasperE
Contributor
Contributor

"Connection Lost" error during sheet load on local server (Socket Closed error in debug console)

So I've created an app in Qlik Sense Business # (locally hosted) which is giving me the error below when I open a specific sheet. The result occurs after only a few seconds while loading the page (afaik it is therefore not a timeout, but an error)

"Connection lost. Make sure that Qlik Sense is running properly. If your session has timed out due to inactivity, refresh to continue working."
JasperE_0-1645197793448.png

I have tried debugging this, and found out that if I disabled specific formula-columns in a table, the error disappears. If I enable the formula again, it starts loading for a few seconds and it then shows me the connection lost error. I can also prevent the error if if filter the underlying dataset (by selecting a specific order type). If I disable the filter the error immediately and consistently shows again.

I have tried opening the sheet in a Chrome browser on the qlik sense server itself (remote desktop) in order to eliminate firewall/networking issues as a cause. I have also tried disabling antivirus on the server and client. Both didn't make a difference.

Below is a screen recording of this issue happening. In the video I show how applying a filter and/or disabling a column formula prevents the error from occurring. 

What could cause this issue? Maybe a resource limiting feature? How can I get this to work?

https://youtu.be/OORRQ7Waiw8

The columns which seem to affect this issue (the ones which break the report) seem to be located in the right hand side of this data model. The data model contains some 26K AutoNumber()'ed records in the key field which links to the tables for which formulas cause a load failure. All key fields are AutoNumber()'ed in the load script, no key field contains more than 250k records. Performance or dataset size therefore shouldn't be an issue.

JasperE_1-1645198664625.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello @JasperE ,

Kindly refer to the below link and let us know if it helps to address your query.

Qlik Sense: "Out of calculation memory" while loading an application or a chart into an application 

Rakesh HB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JasperE
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Alright so I upgraded vm RAM to 32GB and updated Qlik Sense to the '22 feb release.

Now instead of the timeout I'm getting an out of memory message in the table view.

JasperE_0-1645277760993.png

I guess next up is figuring out why the report runs out of memory.

Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello @JasperE ,

Kindly refer to the below link and let us know if it helps to address your query.

Qlik Sense: "Out of calculation memory" while loading an application or a chart into an application 

Rakesh HB