Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

reporting period selection: last 7 days, last 4 weeks, last month, etc.

I have my data calendared out so that each reporting date is flagged as belonging to a certain reporting period. This calendar joins to the source data table. I need to have a single drop down in the app so that a user can select from these mutually overlapping reporting periods.

For example, when they choose "Last 7 days" this would have the effect of clicking on the Y in the Last7d? column below. If they choose "Last 4 weeks" then it would be selecting Y from the Last4w? column. I cannot allow them to choose more than one period because that would be confusing (i.e. if both 7d and 4w were chosen, it is same as only 7d). Users should be able to quickly toggle between selections.

I think I remember doing this in QlikView with an island table of the reporting periods and maybe a calculated dimension on the chart?

Is this doable in the data model or is this something to be done with actions, bookmarks, etc.? The app is full of measures based on set analysis, so need a clean solution here without having to alter existing measures.

daveatkins_0-1692917725946.png

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I think this could be done like in sample app attached with minimal changes around. I used buttons and the toggle field action in the button to achieve the selections as you desired.

hanna_choi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello

how about this?

Cal_FLAGr:
Load
CensusDate,
if((today() - CensusDate ) < 7 , 'Y') as D7,
if(week(today()) - week(CensusDate) < 3 , 'Y') as W4,
if(Month(AddMonths(CensusDate,-1)) = month(today())-1, 'Y') as M1

Resident tablename