cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124psu
Creator II
Creator II

section access - long user ID

Section access has been fully implemented but our production environment has our userID as a very long string with many parameters. 

**example from qmc

DOMAIN | USERID

ABC          name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us

When I try to pass this long userID into our section access it gives me the usual error - data couldn't be loaded, make sure user is part of the script etc.

I've tried setting it up in a few ways but all unsuccessful:

1) ABC\name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us

2) ABC\"name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us"

3) ABC\("name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us")

Would like to hear about anyone's experience when working with an unorthodox-ed lengthy userID. Thanks all.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @124psu ,

I've not seen anything quite like that before, I can't really envisage how or why user ID's would have been set up like that, it's really unusual having attributes stacked into the ID. Anyway, have you tried putting the entire string (including the domain) in quotes, e.g:

"DomainName\name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us"

That's what tends to work in pretty standard environments but wasn't listed as one of your examples.

Section access will also want it all in upper case. So for example:

SectionAccessTbl:

Load * Inline

ACCESS, USERID, SECTIONACCESSCOL

USER, Upper("DomainName\name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us"), *

];

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Are you using LDAP? If so, are you using Active Directory? It looks like your using the distinguished name (DN). If you can share your advanced LDAP filter that may be what's driving it. Can you not simply use the LDAP login value instead of the DN?
124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We're not using LDAP or AD. There doesn't seem to be a way to work around the distinguished name. I've submitted a case to Qlik in the past about this issue but pretty much came full circle at this point. 

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @124psu ,

I've not seen anything quite like that before, I can't really envisage how or why user ID's would have been set up like that, it's really unusual having attributes stacked into the ID. Anyway, have you tried putting the entire string (including the domain) in quotes, e.g:

"DomainName\name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us"

That's what tends to work in pretty standard environments but wasn't listed as one of your examples.

Section access will also want it all in upper case. So for example:

SectionAccessTbl:

Load * Inline

ACCESS, USERID, SECTIONACCESSCOL

USER, Upper("DomainName\name=jane.doe, dept=marketing, id=123456, country=us"), *

];

Hope that helps.

124psu
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Wow, such a simple elegant solution.. thank you so much for this.. I cannot believe it was that simple. I've done preliminary testing and it looks to be good. I'll def have to do a more comprehensive one tomorrow. Again, thank you!

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

No problem. Section access can feel like a bit of a mystery at times! I've banged my head against that wall more than once 🙂