Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshishu
Contributor II
Contributor II

show/hide feature of filter pane in Nov2023 version

I want to hide few of my filter pane in my qlik sense application from selection bar so that default or changed selection should be hidden from selection bar.
Example : I have around 7 filter panes in my vizualization out of those 7 filter panes 3 are Year, Month & Week and no matter what values business is selecting in the filters for Year, Month & Week it should not be visible in selection bar 

Please let us know if someone have tried using show/hide feature of filter pane in Nov2023 version

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Not sure what the filter pane has to do with the selection bar. Could you clarify what you're trying to achieve, exactly?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@joshishu To hide them, It is prefer to use kind of HidePrefix, like the link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/SystemVariable... 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
joshishu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I want to hide default filters from top filter pane of reports where generally we see what all filters are applied in report.
Hidden filters will be there in reports and based on requirement user can change it but in top filter pane it should not be visible.

Also, in filters both dimensions and measures are getting used 

joshishu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni will this work for both dimension and measure as filters or only dimensions

GOKULAKANNAN
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Joshi,

Whichever you are adding as dimension, you will be able to apply filter only to that, and in the script, editor just mention the field name prefixed with "%" which you don't want to display as selections in the sheet, 

In the Main page Set Hideprefix = '%'; add this line, it won't be visible inside the sheet, but if you want to create filter for these, just manually type the Dimension name, Let's say "Year" is the dimension which you want to hide, just alias Year as %Year, and add manually this in the filter pane. It will work.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@joshishu it is only for fields. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful