Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

why Concat() -Function no need for double quotes in set expression

Hello,

someone here just helped me out with the return of a straight table where I needed a calculated dimension to filter only the very top and the very bottom dataset of a value:

=Aggr(Only({<ActionNo. = {$(=Concat(Aggr(Min(ActionNo.),QueueNo.),',')),$(=Concat(Aggr(Max(ActionNo.),QueueNo.),','))}>}ActionNo.), ActionNo., QueueNo.)

What strikes me is that, why the concat() function doesnt need a double quote to initiate a search?  Does not a the dollar sign expansion within the curvy bracket of a set expression always need to be initiated into a search?

Hope someone can explain to me.

Thank you very much. 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

I believe it is because the resulting set expression is not searching the data set; it is looking for distinct values that your concat expressions are feeding the set expressing. 

when you are searching you are using >  or < or a wildcard; then you would need double quotes, but in your set expression the concat fields are being generated as a comma separated list of distinct values. 

View solution in original post

MayilVahanan

Hi @Applicable88 

$(=Concat(Aggr(Min(ActionNo.),QueueNo.),',') <-- Its concatenate the minimum of Action No based on QueueNo and we're not searching here. We're assigning the values. 

$() <-- its evaluates the values.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

I believe it is because the resulting set expression is not searching the data set; it is looking for distinct values that your concat expressions are feeding the set expressing. 

when you are searching you are using >  or < or a wildcard; then you would need double quotes, but in your set expression the concat fields are being generated as a comma separated list of distinct values. 

MayilVahanan

Hi @Applicable88 

$(=Concat(Aggr(Min(ActionNo.),QueueNo.),',') <-- Its concatenate the minimum of Action No based on QueueNo and we're not searching here. We're assigning the values. 

$() <-- its evaluates the values.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.