Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevays7
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QDC(Qlik Data Catalyst) Installation

Hi All,

Please answer me to the below questions:

1. Can install QDC in the Windows Operating system?

2. Please share me the link/Step by step document for installing QDC.

Thanks,

Jeevayswaran A

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Christopher_Ortega

You cannot yet run Qlik Catalog (formerly Qlik Data Catalyst) on a Windows server.  We will be releasing a containerized version of the product in June.

Installation guides can be found here:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/data-catalyst/April2020/Content/QlikDataCatalyst/Overview/Home.htm

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,
I have read the QDC version june 2020 system requirements.
It supports only linux os.
When does it wll support also windows os?

JitenderR
Employee
Employee

Hi @agigliotti The above question is answered by Chris within this post only. Use the containerized version released in June. 

Regards

JR 

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @JitenderR ,

I took a look at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/data-catalyst/June2020/Content/Resources/PDFs/QlikDataCatalystQlikSense_...
but i can't find anything about a QDC Windows Server installation.
currently i'm interested to install the product Qlik Data Catalyst for QVDs".
could you please guide me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards.

JitenderR
Employee
Employee

Hi @agigliotti QDC do NOT support windows install. With containerized version that is scheduled for a future release, you can have a docker instance on a windows box, but the QDC containerized image will still be on Linux. You Docker team should be able to assist you with the setup. 

If you plan to install QDC on your local machine, say your personal laptop, you cannot do that unless you figure out a way to have a Linux OS as well.

I see that you are a Qlik Partner - please reach out to partner portal or your Qlik Contact for any enablement related questions. 

Regards

JR

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Thanks for your quick feedback.
So if i well understood i have to wait for a future version that will support a containerized image of QDC (like it was for Qlik Core ) to use with a docker instance on windows.

JitenderR
Employee
Employee

Correct. and I will let @Christopher_Ortega confirm on the exact dates. 

Regards

JR