Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makunii
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Catalog - Active Directory Sync

Hello Everyone!

I have an issue with the Qlik Catalog in my customer environment. I installed the qlik catalog version may 2021 and they are using Qlik Sense May 2021. My issue is every time that I sync the Qlik Catalog with AD I spent more than 30 minutes searching user and group, and more than 30 minutes to finish the sync. 

Do anyone already faced this issue?

My customer has an AD with 90000 objects (users and groups).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Marco

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DmitryD
Support
Support

Hi @makunii 

Although there is no  "hard limit" for AD User import, there is a "soft limit" of 20.000 users which can be removed by amending the corresponding property in core_env.properties (under AD synchronization).

Having said that, taking over 30 minutes to search and import over 90.000 objects is expected as it puts a lot of load on the server.  Actually, 30 minutes is quite fast for that amount.

The question would be, does your customer really need 90.000 users in Qlik Catalog and if yes, what is their desired outcome? What are they trying to achieve?

Many thanks in advance for your time.
Kind regards,

Dimitry

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DmitryD
Support
Support

Hi @makunii 

Although there is no  "hard limit" for AD User import, there is a "soft limit" of 20.000 users which can be removed by amending the corresponding property in core_env.properties (under AD synchronization).

Having said that, taking over 30 minutes to search and import over 90.000 objects is expected as it puts a lot of load on the server.  Actually, 30 minutes is quite fast for that amount.

The question would be, does your customer really need 90.000 users in Qlik Catalog and if yes, what is their desired outcome? What are they trying to achieve?

Many thanks in advance for your time.
Kind regards,

Dimitry