Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Catalog - JDBC DATABRICKS

Hi!

I'm trying to set up my Qlik Catalog for connect on Databricks. I was only able to download SparkJDBC42.jar from DataBricks JDBC page. It seems to me that version JDBC 41 is not available.

I'm getting this problem on Qlik Catalog: coop.error.code.JDBC_DRIVER_LOAD_FAILURE - JDBC failed to find class and load driver : com.simba.spark.jdbc41.Driver

How can I solve this problem?

Sinceraly,

Brunno V.B.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi!

I studied the SparkJDBC42.jar file better and managed to understand the correct path. I could solve my problem with the Driver Class Name as "com.simba.spark.jdbc.Driver".

brunnovb_in_0-1648657892619.png

Now everything is working fine! I appreciate the support!

Regards,

Brunno V.B.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Brunno,

Did you put the driver within /QDC_HOME/Apache Tomcat Version/webapps/qdc/WEB-INF/lib and restart tomcat as the qdc service user?

Christopher_Ortega

Hi Brunno - 

You may also want to consider updating or creating a new Database Driver type in the Admin module.  Please see the Driver Class Name that ships by default with Qlik Catalog.  If you can change that it should locate your driver appropriately.

Christopher_Ortega_0-1648581453221.png

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi!

Yes, I did it. I put the file "SparkJDBC42.jar" within the directory  "/usr/local/qdc/apache-tomcat-9.0.56/webapps/qdc/WEB-INF/lib/" and restarted tomcat.

Regards,

Brunno V.B.

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Christopher!

I've created a new driver entry with the "Driver Class Name" as com.simba.spark.jdbc42.Driver.  It didn't work as well.

My guess was "com.simba.spark.jdbc42.Driver" because I saw some files within SparkJDBC42.jar with number 42.

brunnovb_in_0-1648583849819.png

Regards,

Brunno V.B.

Hordy_Beauzile
Support
Support

Hi Brunno,

Can you create a support ticket for this so we can review this issue further.

brunnovb_in
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi!

I studied the SparkJDBC42.jar file better and managed to understand the correct path. I could solve my problem with the Driver Class Name as "com.simba.spark.jdbc.Driver".

brunnovb_in_0-1648657892619.png

Now everything is working fine! I appreciate the support!

Regards,

Brunno V.B.