Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Lineage Connector

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Qlik Lineage Connector mainly because I would like to know how it works. I followed a video, however, I am getting the following error:

Rolando_Montero_0-1649269813958.png

I have created a local admin user to run this service and I have tried that account and the one that runs Qlik Sense services as well with the same result. Additionally, I have the 4.8 .NET Framework version. What permissions should that user have in order to install QLC correctly? 

Best regards

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

did you use the username like domain\username or username@domain?

The later one should work, so in your case username@pcname (if local account)

see the screenshots here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikLineageConnectors/ql...

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello!

Yes, I have used DOMAIN\USERNAME format. I created a local admin account with Log on a service rights. I have also tried the Qlik Sense service admin that is local as well. Yesterday I watched the video and they use just the name of the user and it worked haha. Unfortunately, I do not have a domain since this is a lab server for studying and testing purposes only. 

Thanks for you answer! I really appreciated. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

did you use the username like domain\username or username@domain?

The later one should work, so in your case username@pcname (if local account)

see the screenshots here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikLineageConnectors/ql...

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello!

Yes, I have used DOMAIN\USERNAME format. I created a local admin account with Log on a service rights. I have also tried the Qlik Sense service admin that is local as well. Yesterday I watched the video and they use just the name of the user and it worked haha. Unfortunately, I do not have a domain since this is a lab server for studying and testing purposes only. 

Thanks for you answer! I really appreciated. 

akhand36
Contributor
Contributor

I tried it a little over a year ago. It worked pretty well, but I had issues with external tables and concurrency on the Azure side. The Dbt-Spark connector did work for me, but Synapse Analytics didn't have a spark connection at the time and was all.sorts of goofy. When I began testing Dbt-Spark with Databricks it worked well but Delta live tables were released that same month.