cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welantho6
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik vs Other BI tools

I have a 7 years experience in Qlik, been around for a while and seen how their product improving, I can say pretty much Qlik provides a solution for all my organization’s needs.

Looking into the job market, I rarely see any BI job that requires Qlik, and it feels like all my experience isn’t giving me any edge since all jobs require Tableau or Power BI.

What do you guys think about that? Shall I invest in learning from scratch a new tool? And what would it be?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
igoralcantara
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Tableau and PowerBI have a much larger market share. Tableau is dying. It is not ready for the Cloud and Sales Force is not investing it. They just want to keep the current customer base support.

PowerBI has Microsoft behind and a very aggressive market strategy, so it is natural to have more jobs and opportunities.

i have studied both and Qlik is far superior, specially because it is not “just” BI but a whole integrated platform. PowerBI has a few nice features that I would love to see in Qlik, like the ability to write R or Python code on the UI interface.

PowerBI is also more expensive when you have more than 25 users and it becomes more and more expensive than Qlik and you go over that.

Talking about market, there are some good jobs on the Qlik market, not as many as in PowerBI, but from my experience they pay more. Focus on learning all the features and tools in the cloud that good opportunities will be available for you.

----
datavoyagers.net