Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM7777
Contributor
Contributor

Facing issues while creating Talend Component using Talend Component Kit plugin in Intellij

Hi, 

I am trying to create a Talend component which will convert given input XML file to CSV file. 

I created a project in Intellij with Talend Component Kit plugin and followed the steps from this link - https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/1.1.1/tutorial-create-my-first-component.html

The component got created in Talend Open Studio as per the instructions given in the link, but when I am trying to add the logic behind the component in the processor file(which contains logic behind the component) or if i am trying to print a value from the logic in the Intellij project and build it so that the changes reflect in the newly created Talend studio component. It is not at all reflecting in the component, nor the value is being printed (used System.out.println() to print a string) after running the component in Talend DI Open Studio.

I also tried to change the icon of the component, even that is not reflecting even after following the instructions from the above link.

Any guidance soon will be helpful.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If you're trying to work on files (i.e. have 2 fields for the 2 files) you're most likely better to use DriverRunner rather than a processor.

https://talend.github.io/component-runtime/main/latest/component-define-standalone.html

The processor expects an incoming / outgoing row and schema.

If your goal is to read an XML file that's an Input component. Writing to a file in CSV format is an Output component. Converting the XML to Record is done at the Input.

Or you could use a Raw Input in studio and pass the XML content which would generate a schema to be written out via tFileOutputDelimited.

Regards,

Balázs