Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebra123501
Contributor
Contributor

Right components to store hours into shift time

Hi everybody,

Since my current customer doesn't want me to do a complex SQL script, he asks me to do things as much as possible with Talend components.

The problem is that I'm not at all familiar with LOOP and ITERATE.

So I submit here my problem to achieve the expected result with only Talend components (i

f it's really possible) :

I have to store hours from a table A linked to a table B which contains presence shift times.

It's not important in my exercise to store hours into morning or afternoon shift. I can stack mechanically into shift time, sorted by project num for example.

0695b00000fHncWAAS.png

I know that I have to use many Tloop or/and Titerate to succeed but it's less obvious in Talend than in SQL for me.

Thanks you very much for your help.

3 Replies
DKallmann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry, I don't understand why you don't use tJava to solve this. tLoop is usually choosen for files collection and tFlowToIterate (I guess you were fererring to this one) cannot include every conditions you need.

A part of Java Code seems necessary to achieve your job.

sebra123501
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your answer, the problem is that i am not an expert in Java at all 😕

DKallmann
Contributor
Contributor

In this case, unless you integrate the right sql code into your source component, I don't see. Whatever your DBMS, I'm sure it would fit.