cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofetan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Access script qvf file from QSCloud

Hi all, I uploaded an old qvf file generated with QS desktop (it has been pretty long since the last time I used it) on cloud (QS Business, trial period) but I cannot seem to access the Script folder. Is there any way to do that? Am I missing something? 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sofetan 

QVF files are uploaded in a different way tho other files. Click on the Create New button (top right) and you should find the option to upload a QVF there. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sofetan 

What method did you use to upload the QVF?

When you say Script folder, is that a file folder connection you had created in Desktop?

If so, you will need to use the DataFiles connection that is provided in Cloud and upload all of your files to there.

If I have missed what you are trying to do, please explain further.

Steve

Sofetan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

2020-09-07 11_54_20-Qlik Sense.png

This is what I'm trying to do.
What I need to access is the Load Script where I defined tables/fields/fieldnames in the old App using Desktop version.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sofetan 

QVF files are uploaded in a different way tho other files. Click on the Create New button (top right) and you should find the option to upload a QVF there. 

Sofetan
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot @stevedark for helping!

I was not able to find the Load Data Editor (because of some UI changes in the last years I think).

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, in the June 20 release (I think it was) the menu item for getting to the Data Load Editor moved from being under the top left menu to being in the drop down in the middle at the top. As this remembers your last destination you can get to the Data Load Editor in one click rather than two, which is a time saver. The change caused me a couple of hours of re-writing my training manual though, so I was not a fan at first!

Steve