Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MirjamA
Contributor
Contributor

Adding an attribute to an existing table which is part of a combined table does not work

Hi there!

We've been working with Qlik Sense for quite some time now and most recently started to use the join/combine function.

Normally we only add the attributes of tables that are needed for the app, we have tables with over 100 columns so this seems like the right thing to do.

When we want add attributes we always use the data manager and never unlock the script.
However, adding an attribute to an existing table which is part of a combined table does not work, the attribute is not shown.

If I look at the script I can see that the attribute is part of the SQL Query but not the load part of Qlik.

Does anyone know how to make this work without having to split the combined table or unlock the script?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Might need to share the script in question, But i assume the issue is it is being loaded in the SQL part of the Script but not what is loaded into the app. For example the below script would only load Field1 into the app

LOAD
Field1
;
SQL SELECT
   Field1,

Field2
FROM CustomerTable;

Check that in it appears in the top part of your script.

Mark

MirjamA
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for the quick reply.

For the script: look below. We combined two tables: 'Contract' and 'Tussenpersoon'. Now I want to add the new attribute 'TussenpersoonContactReferentie_unmasked'. I added this attribute via the datamanager. 

As you can see in the generated script it's only added to the SELECT part of the SQL, but not to the LOAD part. 

We want to be able to add this attribute without unlocking the script .

LEFT JOIN ([Contract]) LOAD
[TussenpersoonId] AS [Contract.TussenpersoonId],
[TussenpersoonHandelsnaam] AS [Tussenpersoon.TussenpersoonHandelsnaam],
[TussenpersoonNr],
[TussenpersoonPonHoofdDealerNr],
[TussenpersoonPonHoofdDealer],
[TussenpersoonPonDealerNr],
[TussenpersoonIsDealerJN],
[TussenpersoonContact_unmasked];
SQL SELECT "TussenpersoonId",
"TussenpersoonHandelsnaam",
"TussenpersoonNr",