Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Apps Crashing Constantly in Chrome (& other browsers)

Is anyone noticing their apps crashing in the browsers more (last 6 months or so)??

I'm still deploying apps using Qlik Sense Server 3.0 and typically using Chrome to use them. I'll have a browser session open with several tabs (some Qlik, some other things) and the Qlik tabs will all quit and give me the "Ah Snap" page crash. The other tabs (non Qlik) stay working fine! Other browsers like Firefox are behaving similarly.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any recommendations for me. It's getting pretty annoying!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
caseyjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After messing around with this issue, I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic on my desktop and it notified me there was an issue with my Ram. After leaving it alone for awhile, the problem came and went. When it came back in full force, I swapped out the memory from another machine and that resolved my issues. It hasn't been a long term test, but so far so good!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Casey,

There could be many reasons for that - did you take a note of time and impacted app ids and checked server logs? If you have any intra-day reloads this could be impacting server performance. To determine what exactly is wrong I would start from checking the events logs and confirming the size of your server (simply to reassure it's big enough to handle all of your apps, concurrent users, data reloads etc). If this issue occurred for the first time 6 months ago it would be good to review any changes that were made to your environment around that time (new apps published? in memory caching issue? new users? new jobs running on your host?).

Good luck!

Micha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this happens to me. The chrome browser will crashes while using it. There are much more issues arises while using it. ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR occurs on the page in Google Chrome browser when you visit Google sites? This occurs most of the time. To solve this visit Fix Err Spdy Protocol Error Not Responding to getting the best solution.

caseyjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After messing around with this issue, I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic on my desktop and it notified me there was an issue with my Ram. After leaving it alone for awhile, the problem came and went. When it came back in full force, I swapped out the memory from another machine and that resolved my issues. It hasn't been a long term test, but so far so good!