Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bijoy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Azure Active Directory Option missing in Azure SQL Connector

Hi,

We are trying to create an Azure SQL connection from our On Prem QlikSense instance and looks like the option for azure active directory authentication 'Azure Active Directory' is missing in the configurations.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Josef_Gustafson
Support
Support

Hi @bijoy ,

As Sonja mentions in this article, Azure AD doesn't support LDAP yet, and thus cannot be used as a directory service connector. In the same article you can however find viable solutions for authentication using Azure AD (with SAML or OIDC).

bijoy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Josef_Gustafson ,

Sorry, not sure I am missing something. My problem is slightly different. 

Our QlikSense instance is in On Prem and we are trying to establish a connection from QlikSense OnPrem to Azure SQL data base using the Active directory authentication. 

Below is the screen shot of the 'Azure SQL Connector' configuration dialog in Qlik Cloud.

My issue is that within the OnPrem 'Azure SQL Connector' dialog the red highlighted option is not available.

Just trying to understand the reason behind why the option is missing in On Prem.

bijoy_0-1687262566999.jpeg

Thanks

Josef_Gustafson
Support
Support

Hey @bijoy ,

Sorry about that. According to this documentation page, for on-prem (unlike Cloud) you need to authenticate Azure SQL Connections through the drivers using one of these options: Azure SQL credentials,  Azure OAuth or Azure Active Directory. 

I'll be double checking to confirm that these are the only on-prem options, but hopefully this answers your question for now.

bijoy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @Josef_Gustafson !

But I do not see the above 3 options you mentioned in the 'Azure SQL Connector' configuration dialog box in on-prem.

Why are these options missing?

Thanks

giociva
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

same issue here with a Feb2023 release @bijoy .

seems that the 3 options you are mentioning are available only in QSE SaaS.

best,