Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlsdxb
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calculated field from multiple columns

I want to create an "Amount Converted" field from the following

nlsdxb_0-1717133134396.png

I have one column with "amount" one with "Currency" and a table that contains the "conversion rate".

what script do i write that creates "Amount Converted" that calculates "amount" * "Conversion rate" based on "Currency" column?

New to scripting so any help i can get will be appreciated 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nlsdxb
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solution found with the help of Deepak Kurup for giving me the answer and to Abhishek Agarrwal's video on how to do the syntax.

I joined the table that contained the values and the table that contained the currency rate. Now the two are linked with a full outer join and i can now create a calculated field of Amount Converted

nlsdxb_0-1717480583471.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Antoine04
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

I guess the conversion rates are in another table ?

Could you please share an overview of the table with the rates ?

nlsdxb
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello!

thanks for replying! 

nlsdxb_0-1717142195777.png

nlsdxb
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

the above table has a column with "currency" which i'm using to link the two table's together 

nlsdxb_1-1717142337786.png

nlsdxb
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solution found with the help of Deepak Kurup for giving me the answer and to Abhishek Agarrwal's video on how to do the syntax.

I joined the table that contained the values and the table that contained the currency rate. Now the two are linked with a full outer join and i can now create a calculated field of Amount Converted

nlsdxb_0-1717480583471.png