Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marijn
Creator II
Creator II

Can't create a new connection in Qlik Sense

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to create a new connection in QlikSense on premise, but somehow the option to create this does not show. It is strange because we have created connections in the past, and nothing has changed to the setup of QS (as far as we know). We have complete admin access, so it's not an authorization issue.

When clicking "Create new connection" in the data load editor, this is the screen we see:

Marijn_0-1673263804367.png

In the folders we see this (the local folders on the server):

Marijn_1-1673263884469.png

As I understand it, there should be additional options to connect to new data sources. Does anyone know what could cause this?

I would appreciate your help!

Marijn

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marijn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Jay_Brown It turns out it was a setting in Custom properties -> Extension Bundles -> Data connections. By turning it on there, we can now make connections again. We don't know how it was turned off, but the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Roza
Employee
Employee

hi @Marijn ,

could you kindly clarify what version do you use? Were there any upgrades?

I would also recommend to check if:

- any files exist in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector (and other connectors folders);

- any antivirus blocks the execution of the QvRestConnector.exe;

regards,

Roza

Marijn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Roza 

The version is:
    November 2022 Patch 3, qliksenseserver:14.97.6.

Any files exist in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector (and other connectors folders):
    The QvRestConnector is present, as are all other connector files.

any antivirus blocks the execution of the QvRestConnector.exe:
    The execution of the file is not blocked, I can execute it manually. Additionally, the existing connections still work, I'd say they need the QvRestConnector too?

Jay_Brown
Support
Support

Hello @Marijn ,

This could also be related to Security Rules. 

Have any custom rules been implemented, and have any been recently changed or disabled?  QMC > Security rules > add column for Modified.  Check the default rule "DataConnection", verify that it is not disabled, is default, and Context is Hub.

You can also create a test rule "00-Debug_DataConnections" that has DataConnection* (no "_" ) with read, create, update, etc, Context=Hub to test things out.

Let us know what you find!
--Jay

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
Marijn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@Jay_Brown It turns out it was a setting in Custom properties -> Extension Bundles -> Data connections. By turning it on there, we can now make connections again. We don't know how it was turned off, but the problem is solved.