Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Cannot change name of Data Connection

Hello community,

I am facing a strange behaviour of Qlik Sense November 2019 P1:

We have a data connection 'WAG' but for any reason in the data editor the data connection has the name 'WAG (be-terna/wag)' 

I have saved the data connection several times. Refreshed, closed and opened the browser several times.

dataconnection_issue.png

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue? Is it a bug from November 2019?

Thank you. Best regards, Patrick

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

once you edited the proper name in QMC you need to refresh hub to effect that.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have done this several time, unfortunately without an effect.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where did you tried? Is that the public URL or any other RIM or central Nodes? Try to refresh the QMC first and check again If that refreshed to normal from your name indexing. Off course, Sometimes in QMC may fails as well. 

Clear the Cache in browser if QMC is good and then retry the URL of connection?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I figured out if I work directly on the Qlik Sense server (central node) via Remotedesktopconnection, the data connection has in the QMC and the hub the same name.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could you please check other RIM nodes as well the same way

cjgorrin
Contributor III
Contributor III

We had experienced this issue for ages, never knowing why it happened. We inspected the traffic and it could not be a proxy cache because the information about data connections in the Data Load Editor are passed via Websocket.

After trying many things, we finally managed to reproduce the issue. It is due to having two data load editors open at the same time in different tabs and then changing the name in the QMC. The issue has been reported to Qlik with support ticket 00147307.