Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fm_seguro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Cannot connect to Azure SQL database

Hi.

I have Qlik Sense Enterprise installed in an Azure server and I have an Azure SQL DB that is in another server where I need to connect to extract data.

Qlik services run with an functional account and that same account also has access to the database.

My problem is that I'm unable to connect into the database using the Azure Sql database data connection because the authentication keeps failing with error »» ERROR [28000][Qlik][Sql Server] (18456) Login failed.

I've confirmed that I'm able to connect to the database using this functional account with SQL Management Studio on my laptop but with the authentication methods: Azure Active Directory universal with MFA and Azure Active Directory-Integrated.

To try to work around this I installed the latest ODBC SQL driver on the Qlik server so I could create an ODBC connection that connects into the database but I get the same Login failed error on all authentication types.

Is there some limitation or configuration that I need to do in Qlik for the user to authenticate? Or is it something on the Azure DB authentications ?

What type of authentication is in Qlik Azure Sql database data connection?

Does Azure SQL needs to allow some specific authentication type ?

I really need some guidance on this because it should be a simple access process providing some credentials and is taking already several days just to try to figuring out how to connect.

Thanks 

Labels (3)
0 Replies