Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Consumption API Calls Stopped Returning Rows

Hi,

I have an app rolled out at a number of clients that looks at usage of the SaaS platform. This calls the consumption API (as well as others) but this has stopped returning rows since Wednesday this week. 

The code I am calling is this:

let vURL = 'https://$(vInstance)/api/v1/licenses/consumption?limit=100&sort=-endTime';

JSON:
SQL SELECT
"__KEY_root",
(SELECT
"id",
"userId",
"sessionId",
"appId",
"endTime",
"duration",
"allotmentId",
"capacityUsed",
"minutesUsed",
"licenseUsage"
FROM "data" FK "__FK_data"),
(SELECT
"__KEY_links",
"__FK_links",
(SELECT
"href",
"__FK_next"
FROM "next" FK "__FK_next"),
(SELECT
"href" AS "href_u0",
"__FK_prev"
FROM "prev" FK "__FK_prev")
FROM "links" PK "__KEY_links" FK "__FK_links")
FROM JSON (wrap on) "root" PK "__KEY_root"
WITH CONNECTION (
URL "$(vURL)",
HTTPHEADER "Authorization" "Bearer $(vAPIKey)"
);

Has anyone else noticed problems or changes with this endpoint recently? 

Steve

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

We have identified the unfortunate situation of not having usage / consumption data available for customers Analyzer & Professional license usage since March 21st. The issue has been identified and already been fixed, but the data between March 21st and March 28th can't be loaded into your Entitlement Analyzer App as well as it can't be restored. We truly apologise for that and we have made sure that your Apps continue to work now again as expected.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Looking further at this, it is weirder than I thought. I assume that the rows I was getting back were purely from my incremental QVD, but it turns out that the API was giving me a bunch of rows, but these were only going up to the 21st March. There are definitely newer sessions though, as I have been on and this is a well used tenant.

2023-03-25_20-14-34.png

Went to have another look at another tenant, which was showing the same issue earlier, and that is now showing bang up to date entries. Hopefully it will start being fixed across all tenants soon.

Very odd.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @stevedark ,

I quickly check and I do see data after the 21st as below:

"appId":"7130485b-3787-470a-93ac-530d4543bb44","endTime":"2023-03-24T15:52:27.649Z","duration":322183,"allotmentId":"5e3fc4ab6f8a270001cb3fb6","capacityUsed":1,"minutesUsed":6,"licenseUsage":"TIME_LICENSE"},

Could you check if you now retrieve data after the 21st of March?

Cheers,

Albert 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario 

I've been and checked this morning and some of my tenants are still showing six days since the last usage, and these would have had heavy use last week and some use over the weekend. A couple of tenants seem to be working okay with this API call and one has four days since the last use (though this may be accurate).

I have raised a support ticket on this one, where I have shared details of one of the tenants which is not working. It has ticket number 00077466.

Many thanks for taking a look at this for me.

Steve

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @stevedark for sharing your insights.

We will are already working on your ticket and we will provide further updates via the same.

Thanks for your collaboration and sharing your insights with us.

Cheers,

Albert

NickRondeel
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@stevedark Having the same issue on multiple tenants! 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi @NickRondeel 

Hopefully the fact that it is an issue on tenants across multiple owners will mean that it is addressed quickly. I can see it could get awkward for me to explain to my clients soon if not.

Any updates @Albert_Candelario ?

Steve

DamianM15
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi!

I am having the same issue. Waiting for some updates.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @stevedark , all,

We are working on your case and this issue on priority, as soon as I have a further meaningful update we would let you know.

Cheers,

Albert

Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

We have identified the unfortunate situation of not having usage / consumption data available for customers Analyzer & Professional license usage since March 21st. The issue has been identified and already been fixed, but the data between March 21st and March 28th can't be loaded into your Entitlement Analyzer App as well as it can't be restored. We truly apologise for that and we have made sure that your Apps continue to work now again as expected.

Cheers,

Albert