Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create one table from 2 existing tables

Hey guys, please see the pictures for a better understanding.

What I'm trying to do is create that RevenuesDiscounts table that will contain all information from discounts and from revenues so that I can work with it.
123.png

RevenuesDiscounts:
load revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;
load discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

How may I do that so that my script works? 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
8 Replies
vunguyenq89
Creator III
Creator III

You can perform a JOIN between the two tables. I usually do this by using JOIN command in Data Load Editor (reload script). However, you can also join tables interactively in Data Manager.  Instruction at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/join-keep-...

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Amba,

You should add the "concatenate" prefix in the script between the two load lignes :

You can also add a new field in the loads statements to insert the tables types.

RevenuesDiscounts:
load 'revenues' as type , revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;

concatenate 

load 'discounts' as type, discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

Hope This help,

Regards,

Otmane

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you guys.
Using concatenate doesn't help me and gives me an error message.

RevenuesDiscounts:
load 'revenues' as type , revenues.amount, 'revenue' as type resident revenues;
concatenate
load 'discounts' as type, discounts.discount_amount, 'discount' as type resident discounts;

123.png

@vunguyenq89 

Using the join would merge the tables together. What I'm looking for is a new table that would contain the two tables. But I want them to still be available alone.
Should be smth like: 

Table1 : RevenuesDiscounts(new)
Table2: Revenues(didnt change)
Table3: Discounts(didnt change)

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

This error is not due to the  concatanate, it's because you are not using the right table in the resident statement:

"resident revenues". You should remplace i with the right table name that contain revenues data.

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

123.png

But both table exist in the data manager, I'm a bit lost 😄

otmane
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ok, can you provide your script ?

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've sent you a copy to your inbox.

So actually all I want to do is have those two fields: 

123.png

In that new "RevenuesDiscounts" cell. So that I can later compare the Revenues to the Amount of revenues+discount.

I managed to do it but that was quite a long time ago and I have no clue how to do it now

Amba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to fix it. My script has many sections on the left where I load data from various databases. 
Basically the reason why it did not work is that I wanted to load data that was not stored yet since I as executing this script before the Lib Connect.

Sometimes, the answer might be easy as well 😃