Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Facebook Web Connector trouble.

Hi,

I can't retrieve any field name (see image).

The log file says:

1) "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request"

2) "This method must be called with a Page Access Token"

I add , it seems like the encrypted token string is invalid, but everything is done ok many times and the string is ok.. is there maybe something to check on the Facebook user settings? It is an admin, is not enough?

Some help?

M.Imperiale
4 Replies
dimitree
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

It looks like your app need to be aproved ("app review"). https://developers.facebook.com/apps/{YOURAPPID}/review-status/

Screenshot_11.png

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

is approved:

2018-03-29_18h00_39.png

M.Imperiale
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Maybe I don't understand...

I can't approve a Web Connector Application, I'm not the connector qlik developer... what do you mean?

M.Imperiale
Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

If you are going crazy too, I find the answer:

https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000046045

Description

Facebook announced some changes to our Developer Offerings and some upcoming breaking changes as part of v2.11 of the API. These changes came into effect on 06/02. As a result, the user will still be able to authenticate but will not be able to retrieve any data as for getting page / insights it is now required to use a Page Access Token matching that page.

Error message that you can probably find in logs:  This method must be called with a Page Access Token

This is a known issue affecting all version of Web Connectors. Bug ID: QCWPI-742

NOTE: R&D is currently trying to resolve this.

M.Imperiale