cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabloviera
Creator
Creator

Google Drive Web Connector can't save to a shared drive

Hello all, there is this new(?) feature of Google Drive we started using at my company to share info with external partners.

It's called "Shared drives" and differs from your regular "My Drive" in that the company is the owner of any file created and it has a couple more restrictions.

Anyway, we've been using the UploadFile function without any major problems, saving content to user folders for backup and sharing. However, it seems that the Web Connector can't save to a Shared drive even tohugh I can create files in the browser view. It returns this error: 

HttpStatusCode: NotFound, StatusCode: 404, StatusDescription: Not Found, Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found., ResponseBody: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "global", "reason": "notFound", "message": "File not found: .", "locationType": "parameter", "location": "fileId" } ], "code": 404, "message": "File not found: ." } }

Has anyone else encountered this error and found a way around it?

Right now I don't know if the Web Connector neds to be updated by Qlik to make the right calls to the API to save in a "Shared drive" or if it's a permissions/visibility problem from our side.

Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

Looks like sometime last week @Sonja_Bauernfeind updated the support article stating that this works from QWC version December 2020. I was running the March 2020 version 😅

It would have been nice to get a reply here 😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, in case anyone else is looking for this problem, it's been in R&D since March 2020. It doesn't look like it's already solved

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000099056

Regards

pabloviera
Creator
Creator
Author

Looks like sometime last week @Sonja_Bauernfeind updated the support article stating that this works from QWC version December 2020. I was running the March 2020 version 😅

It would have been nice to get a reply here 😉

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello!

Glad the article update helped! 🙂  Though I admit I didn't see this post here, thank you so much for closing the loop on your issue and bringing the article in here.  I'll add the currently link to it (since it was moved to our Community  KB): Does the Qlik Google Drive and Spreadsheets Connector support Google Shared Drive?

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂